Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc.
Built For Satisfaction, Safety And Prevention
The Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc., is the result of a vision realized by Ronnie R. Smith, M.D. and James H. Barber, Jr., M.D., some 25 years ago. Construction for the Center began in 1990, and it became a corporation April 17, 1992. The focus of their vision was to create a high quality, easily accessible Gastrointestinal Center for the prevention and early diagnosis of gastrointestinal cancers and other diseases. Our Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc. was the first freestanding ambulatory surgery center in rural Georgia, fourth in the state, and twelfth in the nation solely dedicated to gastrointestinal Endoscopy. It has been in operation since 1992. It is licensed by the State of Georgia as an ambulatory surgery center. It is also Medicare approved. Patient satisfaction and the prevention of colorectal cancer are our main goals. Our facility was designed with quality, safety, patient privacy and convenience in mind. The procedures provided at the Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc. allow the patient to recover in the comfort of their own home and the cost is about one-fourth of similar tests in a hospital facility.
The Center offers a spacious reception area for patients and their families. Our state-of-the-art Endoscopy suite allows your physician to perform procedures in the most comfortable and efficient manner. Our recovery rooms and discharge areas were designed to maximize patient privacy and comfort.
Some of the many patient and visitor friendly features of the Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc. include:
- State-of-the-art Endoscopy suite
- Timely check-in, with no need to arrive for your procedure hours in advance. We have eliminated the unnecessary hassles and confusion often experienced in hospitals.
- A comfortable reception area for your family
- A designated Endoscopy receptionist in the reception area to provide family members with updates on their loved ones.
- Highly trained, nationally certified nurses, with over 100 years of combined nursing experience, who are sensitive to the needs of those with digestive problems.
- Procedure preparation area and Endoscopy suite designed for comfort and relaxation while privacy is maintained.
- Convenient parking with easy access to the main entrance.
- Exit directly to your car for maximum privacy.
The physicians and nursing staff have been very active in community education. There have been colorectal cancer prevention presentations given to well over 100 organizations in the surrounding area. The Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc. also offers genetic counseling service to identify patients and their immediate family members who are at high risk for developing colorectal cancer. The Center underwent a rigorous process of a National Accreditation accomplishment in 1993 through the Accreditation for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. The Accreditation was and still is based on national benchmark standards for this type of Center. This accreditation process is repeated every 3 years. The Center has remained accreditation consistently over the years.
The physicians and staff of the Endoscopy Center of Southeast Georgia, Inc. are FOCUSED on YOU and the PREVENTION of colon and rectal cancer through the use of appropriate screening test, patient education and genetic counseling.